56ft Traditional Narrowbeam
56ft Traditional Narrowbeam
56ft Traditional Narrowbeam For Sale
The Ship Brokers team are delighted to offer this fantastic Narrowboat for sale. She”s a 56ft traditional narrowbeam called “The Colonel”, currently moored on the Paddington arm of the Grand Union Canal in Central London.As you step down into the cratch of the boat and proceed through the front doors you”re immediately in a spacious and well finished living room area with wood burner, sofa and TV.Once you”ve passed through the living room you”re into the well-fitted kitchen with worktops either side as can be seen in the pictures we have provided. Along the ceiling there are both spotlights and remote controlled colour mood lights to help add some extra flair to the white interior.The next room you come into is the bathroom complete with a bath/shower radiator and toilet. The sink and vanity unit is yet to be fitted but it is plumbed in ready to be completed.Next it”s in to the bedroom which has a single day bed that folds out into a double. This means that there is plenty of room to get around the boat during the day.As you pass by the bed there is another smaller room area that is currently used as an office. There is both desk space and wardrobe storage which helps to make this boat a great livaboard oppurtunity.Finally there is a doorway leading into the engine room where the BMC engine is housed and started from. It”s also where the batteries are kept and the rear door for the access to the tiller at the steering position.She”s a 1981 boat but has recently been subject to a complete, bare shell professional refit last year and re-launched in June 2017.The work during the refit includes:
- Professionally shot blasted back to a bare shell and painted in two-pack Hempel epoxy paint. No hauling out / blacking required for the next 5 years minimum.
- New anodes fitted.Completely stripped out inside and professionally spray foam insulated throughout.
- Completely re-wired, with 12V and 240V sockets throughout.
- Plumbing professionally replaced throughout.
- Brand new kitchen, appliances, sink and tap.
- Slate flooring throughout the rear section of the boat, and solid maple hardwood floor in the living room.
- Brand new, bespoke Channelglaze double glazed windows throughout including frosted glass bathroom windows.
- Walk through bathroom with 3/4 length bath and shower screen.
- Sanimarin ST35 porcelain flushing toilet with large, custom-made under floor pump out tank. A proper, flushing toilet just like you”d have at home.
- Diesel fired Bubble corner stove with separate diesel tank at the front, which can be run continuously at very low cost throughout the winter without the need to constantly buy coal or logs.
- 1.5 BMC diesel engine professionally rebuilt by Calcutt boats in 2012, coupled to a simple, reliable PRM gearbox with Morse control.
- Morco LPG-fired instant water heater.
The Colonel offers a great opportunity to own your own, comfortable, warm and cosy home in central London for under £40k. There is still a small snag list of small jobs that need completing but these are minimal but this is generally small cosmetic finishing issues.We have a full gallery of images that document the refit work as well as a large pack of receipts and paperwork.Her previous owner bought her in April 2015, completely refitted her in 2016 and relaunched her in 2017, he then lived on her whilst he worked in the City. The reason for the sale is simply a change in work circumstances and an opportunity to buy a flat came up forcing a reluctant sale.Viewing strictly by appointment only. To arrange a viewing please call 023 9298 4666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we”d be happy to help.Please note, the boat does not come with a mooring and is currently on a continuous cruiser license. The Ship Brokers can offer a three month warranty on the engine and we can assist where possible with the delivery of the boat.
|Drive type||Stern Drive|
MESSAGE TO VENDOR
Disclaimer: The particulars detailed herein are intended to give a fair description of the vessel but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. The prospective buyer is strongly recommended to check the particulars and, where considered appropriate, at his own expense, to employ qualified agents to carry out structural and/or mechanical and/or electrical surveys and inspections in order to assess the actual condition of the vessel before purchase.